Friday, June 28, 2013

Wilde and Crazy

 I'll try to keep this short and sweet.....






I am making myself clear here?!




Okay, okay...I'm sure you're wanting more details so here you go.

1.  Dustin and I are having a baby!  It was a HUGE surprise.  Totally unexpected.  We're SUPER DUPER excited!  Though, at first, we both felt like we had been hit by a truck.  You know, shock will knock the wind right out of you.

2.  I'm 15 weeks into this crazy-ness.  I feel GREAT!

3.  1st trimester wasn't bad.  No upchucks, just a persistent queasiness.  I'm through that part now.  My appetite got really weird.  I couldn't do anything but eat small snacks A LOT.  Now, I feel a little more normal.  Still eating frequently and a little more quantity.

4. We heard the baby's heartbeat today!!!!  No ultrasound pic, just the audio.  But what a relief.

5.  No baby bump yet.  It's kind of like the awkward stage when you're in between hair cuts.  No, I don't mean for my hair to look like this, it just does.  No, I'm not trying to grow it out, I just haven't had time to get to the salon.  You just hope no one decides to comment until you've either obviously cut you're hair or have decided to grow it out.  Or until you're obviously preggo and not just chubby.

6.  I have two baby related Pinterest boards!  So fun!  They were a secret, but they're public now.  Check them out! One for Wilde and one for me!

7.  We are going to find out the gender.  We don't care if it's a boy or a girl.  We just want a healthy baby.  We're just so excited!

8.  I think it's a boy.  I have no reason behind this.  Maybe it's because we call him/her by a boyish name.  We'll see if I'm right about this soon enough!

9.  We are calling our baby Wilde.  For now.  Maybe it will carry over into his or her name, who knows.  It's the only name Dustin and I mutually liked before this baby thing even happened.  So we joked about it.  And now it's what we call him/her.  More on the origins of that name in another post.

10.  I told Dustin about the pregnancy on his birthday.  At his birthday celebration.  With our housemates.  And video taped it.  For your viewing pleasure....(you may want to skip to 2minutes in, the beginning he's opening other unrelated gifts).


11.  I'm knitting/sewing baby stuff like a psycho!  You'll be seeing some of it soon!  This has been so much fun!

12.  We're moving back to Georgia.

13.  Did you hear that, WE'RE MOVING BACK TO GEORGIA!!!

14.  It's been a whirlwind around here.  Two major life changes in a matter of months.  This baby has thrown our lives into an upside down crazy town.  Lots of thought, prayer, and deliberation have gone into this decision, (unlike with Wilde), and we want Wilde to be able to grow up alongside his cousins and with his grandparents and great-grandparents and aunts and uncles nearby.

That's all I've got for now.  Obviously, I will be keeping you up to date along the way.  Wish us luck, we'll be seeing you Georgians August 1.


I need a nap.

the rave


P.S.  This will be my mom and step-dad's 14th grandchild.  My dad and step-mom's 7th grandchild.  And Dustin's parents FIRST grandchild!!

P.S.S  Dustin's mom was so emotional when we told her the news that when I asked her what she wanted the baby to call her she said "I don't care.  It can call me Dirt."  So, she's Grandma Dirt (for now)!  Tell me that's not hysterical!

7 comments:

  1. oh my gosh. that video.
    classic
    great stuff guys - i know it was a surprise but happy happy for you both and exciting life times and journeys ahead - was great meeting you and we hung out far too little but really enjoyed every time we did
    so much love
    brett fish

    ReplyDelete
  2. That video was awesome and as soon as I heard the first shake in your voice I lost it lol! I love you guys and I'm so happy y'all get to experience one of the best earthly loves possible! Being a mom is the best thing I've ever done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. FINALLY.....YAYAYYAAYAYAYAYAYAYAY. I'm sooo stinking happy for you guys. Love you both. Yayayayayayayayayayayay......

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!! I loved DT's reaction.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am SO excited for you guys and SUPER excited about having all three of you in Georgia!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my word I'm so excited and that video was so sweet I'm sure its super hard not to tell your best friend that you all having a baby! Excited you all are coming home. (We can open our store! )

    ReplyDelete