Tuesday, April 26, 2011

I'm In Love With Ya Baby...

I just spent 5 days with one of the world's most handsome men.  Dark hair, dark eyes, soft skin, a perfect nose.  He's got it all.  All 7 pounds and 6 ounces of him.  

I'm in love with ya baby...


I've never witnessed a birth before.  All the details sound pretty gory, but the result is beautiful...absolutely beautiful.

See.  See what I mean?  Isn't he beautiful?



Brantly Ray Beavers.  My sister's first baby.  My first eye-witness account of a baby being born.  The first time I've ever driven 12 hours through the night.

Yep. 12. Solid. Hours.

And that was just the drive.  I caught an hour nap at the hospital, but didn't get real sleep until that night.  36 hours without sleep.  I love sleep.  I prefer nine hours every night. And I can sleep anywhere.  Especially in the car.  I can't travel for longer than 30 minutes without dozing off (in the passenger seat of course).

Am I crazy?  For sure. 

Was it worth it?  Hell yeah.

I wouldn't have done it any other way. 

Did I mention I have some amazing and incredible friends?  The night I left, at our weekly family supper, they put together a schedule so that I would have someone on the phone with me on the hour, every hour.

That's 11pm - 6am.  They didn't miss a beat either.  I really don't know how I would have made it non-stop without them.  Truly blessed.  Yes, I am.

Did I mention nobody in Georgia knew that I was coming?

I enjoy a good surprise.  I also enjoy doing things my own way.  I have a hint of stubborn in these bones.  But just a hint. I didn't tell anyone because I didn't want to be argued with.  Bottom line.  Who likes to argue?  

Snoozing on the hospital sofa...not for long though!
Anyways,

Not a soul knew.  And that made walking into Caitlin's hospital room at 7AM a very pleasant surprise. My mom cried. My sister was speechless and grinning from ear to ear. I felt very loved.  I am pretty sure they did too.

Back to the baby...





Oh, check out the cute dinosaur/dragon tails I made in action...so cute!  And a BIG hit!




What a wonderful week it was...sigh.   I can't wait to see that handsome man again.  I don't think I will be able to keep myself away!


Keep Posted,

the rave



3 comments:

  1. Everything about this story is so awesome. It is so special that you were there for the birth. Super cool experience for you and your sister. AND, he is sooo super cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the birth of a baby is SUCH a miracle! I've never 'seen' it happen either, but I know it's worth it!!! I know she was so glad you came all that way. You're so sweet! Hope to see you guys real soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I. love. you. Thank you for being there for me. I can't wait till you come back. He's even CUTER now! Best thing I've ever done in my life. HANDS DOWN!

    ReplyDelete