Saturday, September 17, 2011

Smoky Mountains & Babies!

Wow.  What an adventure the past couple of weeks have been!

I have battled with Hurricane Irene.  Traveled to the Great Smoky Mountains.  Visited a great number of family members in Chickamauga.  Flew in an air plane to return to Philly on September 11th.  Road tripped to catch up with my sister in Baltimore.  Saw more babies in a weeks time than I have in a normal six months time.

All in the span of two weeks.

I need to take a breath.  Inhale.  Exhale.

That's better.

Now, let me share the some visuals with you!

Dustin and I spent Labor Day weekend in the Smoky's with my step-mom's side of the family.  What a treat that was.  We were in a beautiful cabin, tucked into the woods on the side of a mountain overlooking a gorgeous expanse of Appalachian landscape.  The weekend was filled with loads of food, games (Bananagrams!) and music.  So fun!

Dustin and I got there late on Friday night.  I was greeted by this sweet face as soon as I walked through the door:

What a chubby boy!  He has the biggest brown eyes and the longest eyelashes I've ever seen on a baby!  Gosh, I could hold this chunk all day long.  I got to hold him all during church on Sunday. He was great.  He spit up on me about five times during that hour.  I loved it.  Well, sort of.

Check out these lashes:

That's the teething necklace I made for him and his mommy.  He loved it.

Hudson loved the blocks.  Four sides had a scene from Toy Story 3 Modge-Podged onto wooden blocks. The other two sides I hand painted upper and lower cases letters.  It was a really easy project.

I tried giving him a bottle and it was the first time in a while that I had feed a baby.  Talk about awkward for the both of us.  Eventually I figured it out.

Miles had a blast playing with the cardboard guitar I made for him.    He was a rockstar, for sure!

Miles, Rob, Chase and Dustin had a blast entertaining all of us non-musical people.  Miles loved dueling guitars with his uncle Rob.

More baby love:

I got to see sweet Caroline for the first time after I left the Smoky's and arrived in Chickamauga.  That girl is long. And lean.  And cheeky!

Her brother, Ethan, likes to take goofy pictures!

Sweet brothers!

I also got to go for a quick visit to see a couple of friends of mine and Dustin's.  They just adopted a precious baby boy.  I was so glad to get to spend even just a few minutes with them.

Isn't he just a doll?!

He was so tiny! I loved holding him.

He was having some gas pains, so mommy held his little fanny in the air to help things work themselves out.   Poor guy, he was so uncomfortable because of his digestion issues that he cried and squirmed after he had eaten.  But as soon as she put him in this position he was so chill!  It was so crazy.  Good to know though, good to know.

I've just realized that I didn't get a photo taken of me and my mom.  I spent most of my time with her on this trip.  I guess we were so busy that I hadn't thought of it until now.  I also missed getting a pic with me and my best friend Ashley.  Two people I care about a great deal, I missed out on capturing the moments we had together.  Shucks.

Just know I love you two girls!

I flew back home that Sunday....Sept. 11.  People were making me pretty nervous by telling me that I shouldn't fly home on that day and to change my flight.  I didn't change my flight.  And things were smoother than silk.  No delays.  No holdups. Nothing.  A pretty uneventful trip.  Just the way it should be.

Then on Wednesday, my sister, Tina, whom I haven't seen in forever, texted me saying she would be in Baltimore until Friday and that we should hook up.  Great idea TinaBug!  Dustin and I traveled down and spent the evening talking and catching up over some delicious seafood.

I felt like we got to know each other better in those 4 or 5 hours in Baltimore than we have in the past twenty years!!  Crazy, right?!  I left feeling so full and satisfied.  Not from the food, but from the company we kept.  I am still cruising on fumes from that evening.  So good.  So good.

Ok,  so that's the gist of my past few weeks.  I will be trying really hard to keep posts more frequent so they aren't a mile long when I actually sit down to write.

Keep Posted,

the rave

No comments:

Post a Comment