Saturday, November 20, 2010

Start Your Holiday With A Smile

When I was a child, I never really understood the reason for Christmas Cards.  I would see them covering the fireplace mantle of my grandparents home and my parents even had a special basket or hanger-thing to display them with.  Now that I am more grown up (sort of), I have my own collection of past Christmas cards from friends and family.  They come in all shapes and sizes, colors and styles, with photo or without. They are an excellent way to let someone simply know that they have been thought of. No fancy note necessary; no gift required.  

For those who have grandkids, a photo of those angelic (or not-so-angelic) faces is more than enough to put you on cloud nine.  If the parents happen to be in the photo, that's nice too, maybe.  For those whose children happen to be of the furry kind; many are hard pressed to resist a smile when seeing a pouty puppy face that has somehow been forced to wear jingle bell reindeer antlers....too cute, but definitely animal cruelty!


This year, since it will be the first year of Dustin and I ever sending out Christmas cards, you may be receiving a photo of our first child...Sasquatch.

Isn't he cute?

Now, it's up to you to help me find a suitable card for such a sweet face.  I'll help you get started.

First of all, for those who haven't experienced the genius of Shutterfly...please give your self 5 minutes in the time-out corner for such rebellious behavior, when you get back I will forgive you and begin to explain to you everything you've been missing out on.

You back yet?

Good.  Let's get started.

Let me just say that it has never been easier to get my personal pictures ordered and developed.  Shutterfly makes things so stinkin' easy.  Upload all of your pictures.  Even the ones you don't need printed right now, they will store them for you. For. Free. When you need a copy, login and have them sent to your nearest Target, CVS, or Walgreens. So easy.  If you decide you want to snazz it up a bit, have them make you a photo book.  Save yourself the hassle of sorting through piles of photos trying to find the right photo album and the right pictures.  Let them do that for you.  So simple.  Did I mention they have beautiful photo cards for every occasion, but especially for the holiday season? Did I mention they are 20% off right now?  Minimum quantity order is 12.  They have some as low as 32 cents per card.  Not Bad, my friends, not bad at all.

Here are a few of my favs.  Though I loved so, so many, I have narrowed it down to thirteen! Ha, thirteen, that doesn't seem too narrow right?  But I narrowed it down from 800 to 13.  Yeah, big difference. Well good luck, I hope you're up for the challenge.

First, I noticed that I was definitely drawn to certain themes.  Mostly trees & peace & snowflakes.  Great themes thought, right?

Let's start with trees.

1 - Simply Cute.

2 - I love the tree in this one.

3 - I love this tree too!

Peace & Joy Time

4 - What a beautiful font and design...love this one!

5 - This is classic.

6 - I love the font on this one...but it reminds me of a pic of the hubby and his male family members..it would look great on here....Old school, but so cool!



7 - LOVE the fonts...and the little birdie on the top! (and the sisters pic too!)

Snowflakes!

8 - The snowflakes are too cute! 

9 - There are many things about this one that I like...the red and white contrast, the snowflakes, and the Polaroid photo! Retro!
10 -  I am sure you can guess why I choose this one.  The font. The snowflakes. Love it.

11 - This is my style too.  Modern, geometric background pattern, the square shape, and the inner dotted border.

12 - This is beautiful.  Not only is the picture sweet, but the fonts, the wreath, the colors. Sigh.

13 -  I love this song...It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year.  Great fonts, nice borders.


That wraps it up for me.  Don't be afraid to comment.  I need your help.  I am desperately indecisive.  Too many choices, too overwhelming.  I've narrowed it down to 13, help me narrow it down some more.   Oh, and while you at it, check out some cards for yourself here.  You'll have a hard time narrowing it down for yourself!

Start your holiday with a smile, then let Shutterfly help you share it with someone else!



P.S. For those of you who blog too and would like a chance to earn free cards from Shutterfly, go here.



Keep posted,

the rave




5 comments:

  1. Raven,
    You my dear are such a joy! I love and miss you. I am so totally glad to see you "moving" even further into the stationery world. I love them all, don't know how you will choose. The designs and font choices are incredible. Good luck! I love ya girl.
    Chrystial

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like 3 and 9! I can't wait to see what you pick. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorites are 3, 6, & 10, but I am sure that any of these templates would be brilliant! Oh, by the way...those mugs that you enjoy are made by Hornsea Pottery: http://www.madaboutmugs.com/mug/hornsea-pottery-cat-and-fish-mug/. I've been meaning to pass this info along for quite some time! I hope that you are doing well, Raven!

    Katie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like 2, 6, & 7. My goal this year was to do homemade... we'll see how that goes. Shutterfly is so appealing and wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you guys are great! thanks for the help....more comments are so welcome!

    ReplyDelete