Tuesday, October 25, 2011

A Sad Goodbye


I have been wanting to share with you my latest moment of sorrow.

It's a difficult thing to express the deep attachment that I've had for a dear friend of mine.  We go way back.  Almost 10 years back.

We've been through a lot of good times.  We've also been through a lot of rainy, muddy, dirty seasons.

But it was time for me to let go.  To move on.  

My dear, sweet, perfectly-molded-to-my-feet tennis shoes were begging to be set free.  Or put out of their misery.  Whichever way you prefer to see it.





 I guess I have attachment issues.

After much deliberation, I did preform a holy and proper burial for my running, mowing, painting, bootcamping companions.  Aka, I threw them in the trash after letting them sit on my window sill and bask in the glory of their former days for a while.

Now, I have these:



Has anyone else had crazy attachment issues with inanimate objects too??  I would love to feel affirmed in my psychotic tendencies.


Keep Posted,

the rave

1 comment:

  1. I have flip flop attachment issues! A couple of pairs of Tevas and one pair of Nikes! Oh well, I guess I passed it on to you! But I love your new tennis shoes! They look great on your feet! So jealous! Love to you my baby girl!

    ReplyDelete